Westpark Motor Company
•Westpark Motor Company is sole agent for Johnston Road Sweepers in Southern Ireland and is based in Ballyfermot,Dublin 10.
• Applications are now invited for the position of Apprentice Heavy Vehicle Mechanic/Technician.
• The apprenticeship will be approximately 4-4½ years in duration. During this period the successful candidate will undergo 7 discrete phases of training consisting of both “on-the-job” and “off-the-job” training.
HOURS OF WORK / SALARY
• Weekly Hours: Standard of 40 (9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday).
• Salary will be appropriate for the position.
• The successful candidate will undergo a comprehensive training program during the apprenticeship.
• On-The-Job training will consist of;
(1) Servicing Vehicles – in accordance with manufacturer’s standards and procedures.
(2) Diagnosis – Fault finding, recommending repairs and carrying out repairs.
(3) Warranty repairs – to all Johnston Road Sweeper Models
(4) General workshop training – safety, environmental, job card write ups, use of equipment, time management, recording of time, vehicle electronic systems,
(5) Weekly Workshop and Valet Bay Cleaning
• Off-The-Job training will consist of;
Phase 2: Training Centre
Phase 4: Institute of Technology or College of Further Education.
Phase 6: Institute of Technology or College of Further Education.
• Over 18 years of age
• Grade D or above in 5 Leaving Certificate subjects.
• Practical ability with a standard level of technical knowledge.
• Punctual, enthusiastic, positive and willing to learn
30 Nov 2019
Permanent / Full-time