Dublin 12, Dublin
Emerald Truck & Van Ltd
Emerald Truck and Van Limited is an Iveco commercial vehicle dealership selling a full range of new and pre-owned vans and trucks from its primary site in Dublin. As part of a larger organisation we are supported by a network of regional partners across Ireland. Iveco is an international leader in the development, manufacture, marketing and servicing of a vast range of light, medium and heavy commercial vehicles selling more than 150,000 vehicles each year.
We have a vacancy for a Workshop Controller to manage its workshop technicians in Ballymount, Dublin. We currently employ in excess of 10 technicians working. The successful candidate will be reporting to the Service Manager and will be required for day shift hours.
The Workshop Controller role is a busy and important role within the Dealership. This role consists of allocating work to technicians to ensure smooth running of the workshop. The role is responsible for ensuring all incoming work is planned then managing the time and resource. The Workshop Controller assigns technicians to tasks ensuring productivity is maximised and that deadlines are adhered to. Quality checking, ordering of parts, audits and compliance as well as health and safety are also important elements of this role. This role is also occasionally customer facing and may include road tests and managing query resolution.
1. Minimum of two years’ experience working in a service department/workshop.
2. Excellent administrative skills.
3. An accomplished and effective communicator.
4. Ability to gain the respect of your team.
5. A full UK driving licence.
6. Good IT Literacy (working knowledge of Kerridge DMS would be advantageous).
7. Experience of working as a fully qualified CV Technician
Permanent / Full-time