Dublin 4, Dublin
We are hiring wakeboarding instructors for the 2020 season and have a number of part time positions (20-40 hours per week) available. Our peak season starts in May/June 2020 and ends September/October 2019. Training will be arranged in April and May 2020.
Full training will be provided in house and it’s therefore not necessary to already be an instructor, however, previous instructing experience (in any sport) is an advantage. You are required to have a powerboat certificate (already or by the time your training starts) and you will need to have a valid first aid certificate. You will also have to have completed a manual handling course. All instructors are garda vetted and need to complete the child protection Safeguarding 1 course.
· This is a part-time seasonal position.
· You must be available to work weekdays and weekends during the employment months
· Successful candidates will be directly responsible for creating a fun, safe and encouraging learning environment, providing guidance and instruction to wakeboarders, from land sessions for beginners to improver courses for experienced wakeboarders.
· Wakeboarding Instruction and cable operation
· Delivering excellent service to Wakedock customers of all ages and all levels of ability
· Providing a high level of safety for customers and staff
· Daily maintenance (system/quayside)
· Assisting in additional quayside responsibilities including reception duties, making sure customers are ready for their session and other general tasks.
Skills and Experience
· Ability to effectively communicate with customers of all ages, management and other staff
· First Aid certificate valid for the duration of the contract
· Power Boat certificate
· Experience in wakeboarding is an advantage
· Present a ‘can do’ attitude
· Professional, safety conscious
· Must have good interpersonal skills and a desire to help others improve their riding abilities
· Must enjoy working with children
· Applicants must be at least 18 years of age
Along with a competitive salary you will
· have the opportunity to gain hands on experience in a busy wake park and get an insight into instructing a diverse range of age groups and skill levels
· be part of a team of instructors that are there to support each other and work together to guarantee an excellent customer experience
· wakeboard for free for the duration of your employment (conditions apply)
Permanent / Full-time