Ennis Road Care Facility
We are looking for a Full-time physiotherapist available for an immediate start.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· To be professionally and legally accountable for all aspects of own work, including the management of patients in your care.
· To undertake a comprehensive assessment of patients including those with diverse or varying presentations/multi pathologies; using clinical reasoning skills and manual assessment techniques to provide an accurate diagnosis of their condition.
· Formulate and deliver an individual physiotherapy treatment programme based on a sound knowledge of evidence based practice and treatment options using clinical assessment, reasoning skills and knowledge of treatment skills, e.g. manual physiotherapy techniques, patient education, exercise classes, electrotherapy techniques and other alternative options.
· Assess patient understanding of treatment proposals, gain valid informed consent and have the capacity to work within a legal framework with patients who lack capacity to consent to treatment.
· Use a range of verbal and non-verbal communication tools to communicate effectively with patients to progress rehabilitation and treatment programmes. This will include patients who may have difficulties in understanding or communicating.
· Evaluate patient progress, reassess and alter treatment programmes if required.
· Work within ISCP clinical guidelines and professional guidelines and to have a good working knowledge of national and local standards and monitor own and others quality of practice as appropriate.
· To be responsible for maintaining accurate and comprehensive patient treatment records in line with professional standards of practice.
· Represent physiotherapy service and/or individual patients at the multi-disciplinary team meetings, to ensure the delivery of a coordinated multidisciplinary service, and integrate physiotherapy treatment into the treatment programme.
· To undertake such other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Clinical Nurse Manager.
The foregoing should not be considered exhaustive.
· A charted physiotherapist with the Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists.
· Evidence of continuous professional development
· Gerontology Experience
· Minimum one year post graduate experience.
· Have an in-depth knowledge of the ageing process
• Flexible working hours
• Competitive rate of pay
• Paid Holidays
• Uniform Supplied
• On-site parking
• Discounted/free food
• Paid Training
• Permanent Contract
Permanent / Part-time