Dublin Docklands, Dublin
As One Cafe/Restaurant is looking for a chef with previous experience working in a busy kitchen who has a genuine love of food and an appetite working with fresh, local and seasonal produce. The restaurant is located in a busy lunch time area. Working hours will primarily be daytime with evening service to commence in the next few months. This is an exciting opportunity to join a young, dynamic company committed to a better lifestyle for our customers and staff.
• Daily food preparation, meeting the quality and standards of HACCP.
• Responsible to maintaining the hygiene of the kitchen
• Ensure all dishes leaving the kitchen are prepared and presented to agreed standards.
• Avoid unnecessary wastage, managing stocks in a responsible manner.
• Coordination of daily tasks with the Sous Chef.
• Supervision and training of junior and new kitchen staff.
• Estimating the daily production needs, avoiding unnecessary wastage.
• Manage stocks in a responsible manner.
• Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
• Assist in developing daily and seasonal menu items.
• Operate and maintain all equipment of the kitchen following H&S procedures.
• Ensuring a friendly working environment where creativity, continuous improvement, and constructive criticism are standard.
• 3 years’ experience as Chef de Partie in a busy kitchen.
• Ability to showcase available local and seasonal ingredients.
• HACCP knowledge and experience.
• Fluent English and Portuguese.
• Professional Sommelier experience `
- Fermentation knowledge.
• Understanding of nutrition, free from propositions and allergen management).
• Knowledge of waste disposal, green and environment friendly.
• The ability to work within a calm and cooperative working atmosphere.
• Customer Service Driven
• Able to work on own initiative
Closing On: 09 Mar 2021
Permanent / Full-time