St Camillus Nursing Centre
St Camillus Nursing Centre provides resident-centered nursing home care with compassion, dignity and respect. .Our ethos is to create a home from home for our residents,, where they can live life to the full, with support from our staff.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The Care Assistant works as a member of a team delivering daily care to the residents .
• Supporting the nursing staff in providing high-quality holistic care to our residents
• Ensuring residents hygiene/personal care needs are maintained to the highest standards while maintaining the resident’s dignity at all time
• Assisting residents with eating and drinking in line with their nutrition needs.
• Getting to know residents’ interests and needs providing attention, support and companionship
• Promoting the mobility of residents, supervising and assisting as necessary to ensure optimum mobility is maintained and improved where possible
• Assisting in the upkeep of high standards of cleanliness in the home
• Contributing to the maintenance of Health and Safety in the home
• Any other duties deemed necessary by Nurse in Charge or management team.
Canditates must be available to work varied shift patterns: days, nights & weekends, across Monday to Sunday.
• FETAC/QQI Level 5 qualification in Healthcare in relevant modules
• Experience preferable but not essential as in house training will be provided.
• Excellent communication skills
• Can work independently or part of a team
• Ability to maintain a positive approach in a sometimes-challenging environment
• Fluent level of English both written and oral.
The position offers:
• Guaranteed hours contracts(9 month temporary contract initially)
• Free Garda Vetting
• Induction training and continued in-house training
Candidate must have Garda clearence and two written references essential.
Permanent / Full-time