Xerotech is a battery technology company that is solving one of the greatest challenges of our generation, industrial electrification.
Our talented team is making an impact on a global scale, driven by a shared vision of a fully electric future. We thrive in a fast-paced, energetic, and innovative culture where no two days are the same.
We take on big challenges and we appreciate every opportunity to learn along the way. When you join Xerotech, you join a team with a thirst for innovation and a hunger for the fun that comes from turning an industry on its head.
Xerotech Ltd are seeking a first year apprentice sheet metalworker to join our fast-growing team. Your job will involve working with thin metal sheets which you will bend, cut and shape using hammers, small presses, roller machines and guillotines.
• Work with a variety of specialised hand and power tools to cut and shape metal and to drill or punch holes.
• Work with various types of metal including sheet steel, galvanised steel, stainless steel, aluminium, and copper.
• Cutting metals by using patterns or templates as guides and shaping the metal by forming, bending, beating, or rolling.
• Understand a range of piping systems.
• Understand the scientific uses and properties of metals.
• Use mathematics to solve technical or scientific problems.
• Operate CNC (computer numerical control) equipment.
• Hammer down excess surface weld meta.
• Interpret technical drawings and diagrams.
• Grade D in five subjects in the Department of Education & Skills Junior Certificate Examination or an approved equivalent, OR
• The successful completion of an approved Pre-Apprenticeship course, OR
• Three years’ work experience gained over sixteen years of age in a relevant designated industrial activity as SOLAS shall deem acceptable.
• Planning and organisation skills.
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Show a positive attitude to work.
• Demonstrate good work practices including time keeping, tidiness, responsibility, quality awareness and safety awareness.
Permanent / Full-time