Alder Homes Ltd.
Alder Homes is a house building company based in Co Kildare with active sites throughout Leinster. The markets served by the company include the Commercial & Residential Construction sectors.
Due to increasing work levels, Alder Homes has a unique opportunity for a high calibre Quantity Surveyor for multiple residential projects based in Leinster. The Quantity Surveyor will provide support to the team on all commercial functions.
This role will involve working directly with the Construction Director and construction team to ensure that each house is finished as agreed.
We require an experienced, motivated team player with a keen commercial acumen who can contribute to the successful delivery of projects. This role is an ideal opportunity for an ambitious candidate looking for progression in their career.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Management and ownership of the commercial and contractual requirements through the life cycle of the project.
• Responsibility for the interface client commercial / Contract Team.
• Project Procurement including Sub-contractors.
• Conduct cost and risk analysis.
• Review all incoming correspondence from Employers, Design Team and / or subcontractors, to identify contractually critical items and to initiate replies.
• Manage commercial aspects of subcontractors.
• Provide project costing, margin & cashflow reports.
• Manage project change order procedures and agree costs with client.
• Provide monthly valuations and certs
• Agree final accounts.
Qualifications / Skills Required
• A relevant degree qualification with 5+ year’s experience in a similar role.
• Experience managing a contract and other Quantity Surveyors.
• A proven working knowledge of current contract law.
• A proven track record in customer relationship development.
• Good record keeping and database maintenance of client interests, projects completed, etc.
• Good interpersonal skills, including presentation skills.
• Able to work on their own or as part of a team.
• Ability to manage multiple projects.
• Receptive to change to suit market forces or company plans.
• The ability to extract tendering data relating to company competitiveness.
Benefits of working with Alder Homes
• Competitive salary
• Employer Pension Contribution
• Annual Leave 21 days (Pro Rata)
• Bike to work scheme
• Free parking
• Mobile Phone
• Flexible working arrangements
• Continuous Professional Development (CPD) programme and funding
• Become part of a great team
• Work on large scale projects
Permanent / Full-time