Ashford Castle Hotel
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Head Baker to join the Pastry Kitchen team led by Executive Head Pastry Chef, Paula Stakelum. The main focus will be to create the best bakery products using high quality ingredients.
Key responsibilities of the Baker position will include:
•To prepare and produce food for the Bakery section to meeting the standards agreed whilst working in conjunction with other chefs.
•To adhere to the recipe and standard presentation of all dishes, demonstrating skill and attention to detail.
•To provide support for your Senior Chefs and work as a team in order to service orders in a fast, efficient manner communicating with your team at all times.
•To ensure all necessary mis-en-place is fully prepared and ready for service.
•To plan your time effectively when at work in order to carry out your responsibilities in the most efficient manner.
•To adhere to Food Hygiene and HACCP Regulations and to maintain a high level of personal and operative hygiene at all times.
•To be particularly aware of hazards and safety issues associated with the Kitchen area and take all preventative measures possible to minimise risk/injury.
•To adhere to Stock Control Procedures, taking due care to reduce wastage, prevent breakages and any other unnecessary loss of monies or damage to hotel property.
•To ensure that you provide each guest (be it directly or indirectly) with the highest levels of personal care and attention in accordance with 5 star expectations and hotel standards.
The ideal candidate for Head Baker position should:
● Possess a professional culinary arts degree
● Have at least 3 years’ experience
● Have goodknowledge and practical chef skills within the area of Baking
● Be fluent in both written and spoken English
● Demonstrate passion for food and food production
● Possess excellent communication skills
● Have good organisational skills
● Be able to handle pressurised situations and busy periods
● Be flexible, innovative and adaptable
Some of the Benefits available to the team:
● Professional, award winning training and development opportunities to give you a career path
● Discounted accommodation rates with Red Carnation Hotel Collection & The Travel Corporation globally
● Annual Staff Appreciation Party and other Employee Recognition Events
● Discounted rates with many local businesses and third party service providers (including EstateActivities)
● Heavily subsidised accommodation (subject to availability)
● Free mealson duty
● Complimentary dry cleaning of business attire
In choosing to join Ashford Castle, you become part of a significant piece of history, both of Ireland and the Red Carnation Hotel Collection.
Through the grand stone gates, a royal adventure begins.
This remarkable 800-year-old castle, widely recognised as Ireland’s top hotel destination and once home to the Guinness family, is exceptional in every sense.
Permanent / Full-time