Engineering Machinery & Services Limited
Engineering Machinery & Services is the leading supplier of machine tools and accessories to manufacturing industries throughout Northern and Southern Ireland.
A privately owned company with a national network of service engineers who’s duties include installation, commissioning, training, preventative maintenance, repairs and service contracts. We are one of the leading companies in our field and now due to continued expansion of the company, we are looking for Accounts Assistant to join our team.
Reporting to the Managing Directors, the role will be broad and diverse.
The ideal candidate will have a positive can-do attitude who is solutions driven.
This coupled with a blend of broad experience from operating in varied businesses would be desirable.
The business is looking to grow and expand over the coming years and your input would be key in its drive for greater success. This is an excellent role for the right candidate.
The ideal candidate will have a financial background and be a quick learner with a very high attention to detail. We require the candidate to be able to work on their own initiative and as part of a team.
We are looking for someone energetic, highly organised and who thrives in a varied environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Daily management and recording of accounts payable
• Updating internal reports and liaising with the purchasing manager
• Review of invoices for accuracy
• Assisting with preparation of financial statements
• Preparation and recording of sales invoices
• Issuing of customer statements and credit control
• Bank Reconciliations
• Processing batches entries of creditors invoices, checking and posting
• Reconciliation of supplier statements
• Preparation of weekly payroll
• Preparation and submission of Vat, PAYE returns, VIES and Intrastat
• Liaising with External Accountant as required
• Accounting Technician Certificate or other accountancy qualification would be advantageous
• Critical thinker with the ability to analyse situations and outcomes and provide advice as to the direction of the company to the managing directors
• Strong communication skills
• Strong systems experience
• 3+ Years Book-keeping/accounts experience
• Strong written and verbal skills
• Experience using SAGE, Thesaurus payroll or a similar accounting/payroll package advantageous
• An individual who can multi-task and work to deadlines
Permanent / Full-time