To act as a business partner, providing timely and relevant information to generate insights to enable brilliant commercial decision making
· Be a catalyst for change
· Constructively challenge
· Support, evaluate and communicate strategy
· Identify, quantify and mitigate risk
Catalyst for change
· Help drive factory performance – foster a culture of continuous improvement
· Leverage functional and cross-functional resources to solve problems, improve processes and meet objectives
· Support S&OP function with Production related metrics.
· Act as a cross-functional business support - bring clarity and alignment to Ops Objectives
· Help simplify complex data into clear and concise messages – cut out """"noise""""
· Be an influencer – the voice of reason
· Support and manage change, challenge the status quo and champion new and innovative ideas.
· Support the establishment of a clear financial baseline for Operations
· Help identify opportunities for profit improvement in Operations
· Assist in clarifying which initiatives create value
· Monitor benefits and confirm that they fall to the bottom line
· Constructively challenge the operational team with well-substantiated dissenting opinions
Support, evaluate and communicate strategy
· Prioritise objectives and align resources
· Assist with identifying """""trade offs""""" and ensuring resources are allocated effectively to fully utilise assets and deliver optimal results
· Support performance evaluation – help trigger corrective actions
· Maintain an up to date knowledge of current production management best practices and concepts
· Help balance taking a long-term strategic view to offset short-termism
· Deputise for the Commercial Controller – Production.
· Help develop a strong support team – right people in right job with clear roles and responsibilities
· Ensure robust reporting and effective controls
· Balance risk between control and commercial objectives
Be fully responsible for (Deliverables)
· Deputise for the Commercial Controller Operations - especially in relation to:
· Operations Performance Evaluation against three key imperatives : Cost/Service/GMP(Quality)
· Operations Forecasting
· The integrity of the Ops data – ensuring """""one source of truth""""
· Ops Master Dashboard and Trend Analysis
· Support the development of systems and processes that track and optimise productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets
- Support the development and rollout of a new standard costing system.
- Support and promote a """""Lean"" agenda
· Reporting and management of variances
· Operations monitoring and triggering corrective actions as necessary
· Tracking and control of key cost drivers:
-Repairs & Maintenance
- H & S costs, metrics and related costs.
-Other direct overheads
· Control of stocks, volume, age, NRV
· Financial evaluation of Optimisation and Capex projects.
· Project management and participation in cross-country projects - Continue to support MFEP projects
· Partner with HR on the development and execution of headcount activities, ensuring proper alignment of headcount to the financials, and assist with the development and administration of bonus/commission plans.
· Support the building of organisational capability and serving as a mentor and coach within your function
· Support the establishment and monitoring of staff performance and development goals, objectives, and determine priorities,
· Provide timely informal and formal feedback to all staff
· Resolve conflicts informally where possible before escalating as necessary
· Create functional developmental plans for your direct team
· Work with the senior team to change the business culture as per agreed company-wide initiatives.
· Minimum of 3 years of professional experience
· Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience in FMCG environment
· Previous experience within a manufacturing organisation
· Strong business acumen and a working knowledge of financial systems are requirements.
· Professional qualification and/or Primary/master’s degree in accounting, finance, engineering or similar. (Previous experience as outlined above will stand if professional qualifications are not attained as listed)
· Alternatively a qualification in engineering, business analytics and/or Lean/Six Sigma
· Expert knowledge of Excel;
· Excellent analytical skills.
· Persuasive business writing and professional communication skills.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
· Creates a climate in which people want to do their best as part of a cohesive, cooperative group effort.
· Promotes confidence and a positive attitude through honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
· Builds and maintains solid relationships with others at all levels to develop mutually beneficial outcomes using diplomacy, tact, and interpersonal skills to support others in reaching consensus.
· Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts and facts in a manner that will constructively persuade, convince, and influence others. Demonstrates effective use of listening and questioning skills while displaying openness to other people's ideas and thoughts.
· Effectively, fairly, and transparently manages all people, financial, and business resources in line with company goals, policies, and procedures.
· Possesses the ability and desire to improve performance using creative, innovative, and quality-driven approaches.
· Develops and fosters a culture of continuous improvement.
· Self-Starter with the ability to develop strategic initiatives and drive results
Must be a proactive communicator to all levels of management
Demonstrated ability to influence broad organisation directions and the attainment of objectives
Ability to manage multiple projects, timelines, and relationships under tight deadlines
Permanent / Full-time