Power Plant Hire
Power Plant Hire wish to recruit a First Year Apprentice Construction Plant Fitter to join our busy workshop. You will be working in a well-equipped workshop with a team of dedicated professionals.
As the Apprentice Plant Fitter, you will post hire inspect, service and repair our full range of plant hire equipment, maintaining the quality, safety, reliability, and availability of hire stock in an effective manner. You will learn to maintain, diagnose, and resolve technical concerns in mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems of machines and equipment ranging from electrical tools, small petrol plant, large plant such as mini excavators and access equipment.
Working hours: 8.30am - 5:30pm Monday to Friday, some Saturday work may be required.
You will receive the going rate for a Construction Plant Fitter Apprentice.
Term: Permanent, Full-time.
• Working with and learning from experienced Craftsperson’s
• Comply with Health and Safety requirements
• Working with machines and mechanical equipment
• Accepting responsibility for the quality of own work
• Using the special service tools, materials, and equipment
• Reading and interpreting technical instructions and diagrams
• Diagnose and repair mechanical and electrical systems
• Dismantling, examining, and re-assembling mechanical systems and components
• Testing electrical and electronic systems and components
• Record and communicate accurate work records or reports
• Taking responsibility for own learning, including the allocation of study time
• Being responsible for controlling or adjusting the operation of equipment
• Apprentice fitter must be over the age of 16
• Good Communication skills
• Be able to solve problems
• Work independently and as part of a team
• Show a positive attitude
• Demonstrate good work practices including time keeping, tidiness, responsibility, quality awareness and safety awareness
You will be trained to undertake all levels of maintenance and repairs as well as completing Manufacturers technical training in servicing and diagnostics.
Upon completion you will receive an internationally recognised QQI Level 6 Qualification.
JOHN POWER, 053 9235003
Permanent / Full-time