We require a motivated Quality Control Manager with food experience to join our team in Ballon Meats. The job would be permanent. Salary Negotiable.
• Third level qualification in food science or equivalent.
• A minimum three years quality management in food manufacturing sector with particular experience in quality control / product release and food safety.
• Knowledge of BRC standard and Audits, Bord Bia MPQAS , supplier audits and visits.
• Knowledge of allergens and labelling requirements.
• Desired Slaughter /boning Process Experience (Red Meat experience) essential .
• Haccp Qualification /Training cert
• Internal Auditing Experience
• Internal Auditing Certificate (Desirable )
Manage all aspects of the Quality Department , environmental and health safety on site .
• Implement and manage the plant Quality control Systems and Hygiene systems and Hygiene Team
• Maintain the site HACCAP plan and associated documentation ( with QA staff)
• Customer Complaints / Specification Management
• Liase with DAFM re departmental audits
• Calibration of Instruments
• Training Staff in Hygiene / Health and safety – maintaining training matrix
• Lead Quality team with Directors – Call quality meetings/ maintain notes /actions /Monitor KPIs
• Responsible for Bord Bia MPQAS
• Co -0rdinate Testing Plans / analyse results in accordance with HACCP
• Responsible for Environmental system including EPA site visits.
• Lead BRC audits and maintain current high grade.
• Monitor product yields.
Permanent / Full-time