Johnson & Perrott Motor Group
Team JPMG is growing, and we are on the hunt for a top calibre Motor Technician. The role will be based in our Mahonpoint Dealership, which is home to the franchises SEAT, Cupra, Honda, Peugeot & MG.
This role is suitable for a qualified motor technician who is looking to develop their career as Master Technician/ Electric Vehicle Technician.
About the Role
As a Motor Technician for JPMG you will be responsible for the below:
• Diagnosing and Repair Faults & Servicing vehicle to manufacturers’ guidelines.
• Perform vehicle health checks to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
• Keeping up to date on the latest technology introduced on the vehicle range.
• Completing service paperwork (Job sheets, PDI’s, service reports) in line with warranty and dealer requirements.
• Communicating with the Parts department to obtain parts needed.
• Work with Service Advisors to identify if additional work is required, or if repairs cannot be completed within the time promised.
• Saving and tagging parts if the job is under warranty.
• Meet the efficiency standards on the aftersales department.
• Work with your colleagues to provide excellent customer service and to share best practice.
• Ensure that workshop housekeeping standards are maintained at all times including the use of tools.
• This is not intended to be an exhaustive list*
What You’ll Need:
• You will be a qualified Motor Technician, with experience on modern vehicle electronics.
• You will have a desire to train and develop into a Master Technician.
• You will be organised, flexible and prepared to work as part of a team, with strong interpersonal skills with colleagues and customers.
• You will have strong problem-solving skills and a strong customer- focused approach.
• You will be diligent and work well under pressure.
• You will have experience in working to high standards of Health and Safety procedures.
• You are required to have a full clean driver’s licence.
• Fluent English
• Be able to work to high standards and be highly motivated to learn.
• You will be professional and maintain a high standard of personal presentation.
• Previous experience with our franchise is an advantage but not a requirement.
Want to apply but don’t meet all the requirements? Get in touch to discuss by emailing
What We Offer
• Competitive packages
• Discounted Healthcare Policies.
• Life Assurance
• VDU Eye tests
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Tool purchase schemes
• Sales & Employee Referral Bonuses
• Annual Health Screenings
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Wellness initiatives
• Training & Development
Vehicle Repair Vehicle Diagnostics Vehicle Inspection
Pension Group Life Assurance Tool Purchase Scheme EAP.
Permanent / Full-time