Dublin 18, Dublin
Job Title: Industrial Maintenance Plumber
Reports :Director of Facilities
Overall Purpose of Job
We will provide exceptional patient care in an environment where quality, respect, caring and compassion are at the centre of all we do.
Employee performs highly skilled maintenance, installation, repair and troubleshooting work with the building fabric of the hospital built systems.
Key Responsibilities And Preventative Maintenance Deliverables
• Inspect /Repair/Service Calorifiers.
• Inspect /Repair / Service Expansion Vessels.
• Inspect /Repair/Service & replace lamps in water treatment UV vessels and water filtration systems.
• Inspect /Repair/Service of Ice machines.
• Inspect /Repair /Service of Sensor taps.
• Inspect /Repair /Service of showers and shower drains.
• Inspect /Repair /Service of AHU heating and cooling coils.
• Inspect /Repair /Service of Fan Coil Units.
• Inspect /Repair /Service of Thermostatic Mixing Valves.
• Inspect /Repair /Service of Pressure Reducing Valves.
• Inspect /Repair /Service of Dry Risers.
• Inspect /Repair /Service of Chilled Beams.
• Carry out weekly function test of Emergency Showers.
• Carry out weekly function test of Sprinkler System.
• Carry out weekly test to LPHW and Chilled water System.
• Service and monitor MRI chillers.
• Assist in sampling, flushing, temperature checks of all water systems and administration work in recording of samples.
• Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
• Inspect mechanical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
• Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
• Plan layout and installation of Mechanical/Plumbing, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and National Regulations.
• Direct and train mechanical workers to install, maintain, or repair mechanical systems, equipment, and fixtures, liaise with contractors and issue Permit to Work.
• Prepare/follow drawings to determine the location of mechanical equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
• Perform business management duties such as maintaining records and files, preparing reports and ordering supplies and equipment.
• Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair mechanical equipment, and fixtures.
• Construct and fabricate parts, using hand tools and specifications.
• Provide assistance during emergencies.
• Assist other trades with maintenance duties.
• Assist in access for contractors and issuing of Work Permits.
• Assist in Fire Drills hospital wide.
• Partake in Code Grey.
Fully qualified Industrial Plumber. (National Craft Certificate)
Experience5 Years Minimum (Post Apprenticeship) in an industrial maintenance setting.
Water Management Legionella trained and a good knowledge of the Guidelines for the Prevention and Control of Infection from Water Systems in Healthcare Facilities.
Familiar with Health Technical memorandum 04-01 (Safe water in healthcare premises) Commissioning and in –service tests.
InstallationInstalling equipment, machines, industrial and domestic pipework/waste/fixtures to meet specifications. The ability to braze, oxy/ace, arc weld to National Craft Certificate standard.
Reading Comprehension Ability to read mechanical drawings and documents.
Troubleshooting Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
Equipment Selection Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
RepairingRepairing machines or systems using the correct tools in a safe manner.
Judgment & Decision Making Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one and capability to carry out Risk Assessments.
Time Management Managing one's own time and the time of others.
Active Learning Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.Job Specific Competencies and Knowledge
Mechanical Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
English Language Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
Computers Knowledge of Word/Excel and Building Management systems.
Customer & Personal Service Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Under the Hospital’s Health & Safety risk assessment, Beacon Hospital requires that all Employees, Consultants and Contractors that can receive a Covid 19 vaccination must do so in order to exercise their roles in a safe manner, and minimise the risk of endangering their own health, the health of patients, or the health of those that they work with.
“Beacon Hospital is an equal opportunity employer;we ensure that our practices support a diverse and inclusive environment for all present and future employees
Permanent / Full-time