Interested in a Career in Engineering ?
A leading Mullingar Stainless Steel Fabrication Company is recruiting a suitable candidate for the position of Apprentice in Metal Fabrication.
Strikebox Engineering is an Irish Engineering Company with an international reach, fabricating stainless steel equipment for the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device and Bio Processing Industries. We are regarded as a leader in the development of stainless steel components and are led by our customer’s demand for ever increasing standards in hygiene. We have over 30 years of enterprise tradition of leadership and innovation in stainless steel manufacturing, fabrication, and design and we work continuously to deliver solutions for our customers.
Job Duties / Responsibilities
• Operation of a variety of specialised tools and machinery including Pressbrake, Guillotine, Hand power tools, Forklifts, etc.
• Assist with manufacturing of custom stainless steel products.
• Understanding and analysis of technical drawings and diagrams.
• Completion of detailed tasks with high accuracy and careful handling.
• Attend onsite work where required.
• Passing written and practical exams on all off-the-job phases.
• Training will be provided for all of the above.
• Comply fully and work in accordance with our QMS including completion of customer inductions/training requirements where onsite work is necessary.
• Attend all mandatory training provided by the company.
Minimum Entry Requirements
• Must meet SOLAS’ minimum entry requirements.
• English language fluency essential (written and spoken).
Knowledge / Skills / Competencies
• Strong capability in mathematics an advantage.
• Familiarity with engineering, metalwork and/or technical drawing an advantage.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
• Flexibility is expected especially during busy periods.
• Ability to demonstrate good work practices including attendance, timekeeping, tidiness, safety awareness, quality awareness, responsibility and a willingness to learn.
Closing Date - 14 May 2021
Permanent / Full-time