The role involves working closely with Production, HSE
and Engineering teams to introduce a new HF chemical treatment process.
Responsible to develop robust, efficient and safe manufacturing processes and to ensure smooth handover to Production
Responsible for Chemical processes on-site as a subject matter expert.
Duties and Tasks
- Manage the introduction of a new chemical process for HF surface treatment, ensuring compliance with EH&S standard
- Fixture & equipment optimisation for HF & HCl surface treatment processes
- Carry out and coordinate development trials and experimental preproduction runs for new products
- Complete characterisation of processed product and provide clear test reports including all process details and quality aspects
- Develop and implement safe, robust and efficient processes with good capability and high yield
- Assist in the creation of specifications for the purchase and commissioning of capital investments
- Use problem solving tools to develop solutions to resolve processes and quality issues
- Manage regular communication between various stakeholders including Product Management, Sales, Supply chain and Production teams
- Prepare production handover documentation including BOMS, Routings, Work Standard, Testing & Quality
Acceptance Criteria, Risk Assessment & Training
- Document and communicate learnings
- Education in Chemical Engineering or Industrial Chemistry to at least degree level.
- Previous chemical safety, processing and manufacturing experience of 3 - 5 years
- Experience with HF acid chemical treatment processes would be a distinct advantage in either immersion or flow through systems.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to communicate observations,
challenges and solutions with relevant stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work within cross
- Strong HSE, Chemical, Technical, Organisational and
Project Management skills
- Lean 6 Sigma, process improvement knowledge and/or
green belt certification is also a distinct advantage.
Permanent / Full-time