Henry Street, Limerick
Limerick Social Services Council
Cook for Early Years’ Service
- Part Time (20 Hours)
Southside Child and Family Centre
Limerick Social Service Council CLG is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic and driven Cook to join our team in the Southside Child and Family Centre.
The Early Years’ Service Cook will work with the management team and other staff members of Southside Child and Family Centre to provide a high quality, integrated early years’ service.
The cook will be responsible for preparing healthy, age appropriate meals to children in the service and will support the team in the implementation of the healthy eating policy.
Successful applicants for the above position must have the following:-
• Primary Food Handlers Certificate or an equivalent i.e. FETAC level 5 Food Safety/Hygiene
• HACCP Certification – Food Hygiene, HACCP & Allergen Awareness.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in working as a chef/cook
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience of working in an early years setting
• Previous experience of working with children and families
• Comprehensive knowledge of nutrition, particularly for young children, food preparation and food preparation hygiene standards
• Comprehensive knowledge of how to implement and manage a HACCP system.
• Excellent cooking and food preparation skills
• Commitment to promoting nutrition and supporting children and their children to embrace healthy eating
• Commitment to working creatively to achieve better outcomes for children and families
• Understanding of the impact of food poverty and how to address it
• Capacity to work in partnership with a wide range of stakeholders, including partner agencies, parents and children
• Capacity to work with flexibility and sensitivity and to work flexible hours as required
• Ability to identify and appropriately address child protection concerns
• Capacity to self-motivate and work independently and in collaboration with a team
• A commitment to his/her own continuing professional development
• Salary: Commensurate with experience
• Generous annual leave
• Pension scheme
• Commitment to Continuous Professional Development
• Friendly, welcoming work environment
This is a permanent position subject to 6 months’ probation, 2 written references, Garda Vetting and continued funding from our statutory funding agencies.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 12 noon on Thursday 13th August, 2020.
Permanent / Part-time