South Dublin, Dublin
The Beacon Hospital is keen to obtain applications for the role of a Kitchen Porter.
Please note that all applicants must be fully flexible to work, all year round.
Located in South Dublin, Beacon Hospital is one of the most advanced private hospitals in Europe, with over 1300 Consultants, nurses and healthcare professionals. Beacon Hospital provides 24-hour, world-class acute care services including orthopaedics, physiotherapy, cardiology, women’s health, urology, cardiothoracic surgery, vascular surgery, plastic & reconstructive surgery, ENT, neurology, general surgery, comprehensive cancer care and emergency medicine.
Overall Job Purpose
As a Kitchen Porter/ Assistant you would work in areas where food is prepared. Therefore maintaining kitchen areas with good hygiene, plus keeping them clean and safe is imperative whilst helping with the preparation of food.
To provide exceptional patient care in an environment where quality, respect, caring and compassion are at the centre of all we do.
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
· Carry out necessary cleaning tasks in order to maintain a clean, tidy and hygienic environment.
· Sweep/mop floors during service and at the time of the shift.
· Wash up all soiled crockery, cutlery, glassware, pots and pans.
· Unload deliveries, collect waste and carry it to refuse bins
· Collects and places rubbish in designated containers. Breaks down cardboard boxes.
· Lift and carry heavy items.
· Stocks storeroom and freezer, rotating supplies for first and last out.
· Stocks canteens
· Participates in quality control and quality improvement data gathering
· Helping with Food Preparation
· Setting up teas, coffees and refreshments for function if needed and clearing away following function.
· Ensuring that at the end of each shift the kitchen is ready for the next shift
· Observe the correct use and care of equipment reporting any defect in materials or equipment properly.
· Follow HACCP guidelines and ensure that all the necessary information is being recorded accurately and efficiently.
· Observes infection control and HACCP policies in food handling storage, wearing gloves and proper protective equipment.
· Knows and follows hospital policies, procedures and practices in compliance with legislations and JCI requirements.
· Must follow health and safety procedures
· Report any equipment, sanitation or cleaning issues
· Knows and follows fire and disaster plan, Manual Handling technics, use PPE if needed
· Provide assistance to other staff if needed
· Be prepared to carry out additional duties outside of general job description
· Preferable 6 months relevant work experience.
· Preferable knowledge of Food Hygiene
· Observes all infection control policies for proper food handling, storage, hand washing, glove wearing, uniform and grooming. Works as a team player to meet goals and department demands.
· Exhibits high level of customer/patient relation skills.
· Knowledge of all standard procedures for food preparation, goods in, storage and hygiene.
· A good level of English is required.
· All posts in Beacon Hospital require a high level of flexibility to ensure the delivery of an effective and efficient service. Therefore, the post holder will be required to demonstrate flexibility as and when required by their manager or hospital management.
Reasons to Join Beacon Hospital’s Catering department;
Great opportunity to progress career skills in kitchen environment with a great team.
Extremely competitive salary and benefits for the right candidate, we pride ourselves on creating a positive work life for staff in a tough industry, we want our staff to stay with us and develop with us and we work hard to ensure our team are happy and respected in their jobs.
Joining a team that is passionate about quality and constantly improving, creating a great working atmosphere, we are looking for someone who takes pride in what they do.
Permanent / Full-time