Troys Abattoir Ltd
Deboners will work as part of the factory processing team to fulfil production targets, maintaining the maximum required line-speed.
The work is physically demanding - repetitive cuts in processing plants. Deboners typically stand while cutting meat and often lift and move heavy carcasses or boxes of meat supplies.
Because meat must be kept at cool temperatures, Deboners commonly work in cold rooms for extended periods.
- Knowledge of animal anatomy
- Cut, trim and prepare meat cuts to specific meat and industry specification
- Inspect meat products for defects, bruises or blemishes and remove them along with any excess fat
- Adhere to safety procedures and policies to slaughter animal
- Prepare carcasses for further processing by removing bones using knives, cleavers, meat saws, bandsaws or other equipment
- Skilled knife use (ability to fully debone an entire carcass and separate all cuts at maximum line-speed)
- Check products to ensure they are up to standards
- Monitor machines and equipment, and adjust if necessary
- Maintain and clean machines used in meat preparing process
Permanent / Full-time