BRIDHAVEN NURSING HOME UNLIMITED COMPANY
We are currently seeking an Assistant Director of Nursing who will contribute to delivering the high standards of care to our residents in Bridhaven Nursing Home.
Location: Spa Glen, Mallow , Co Cork
What we offer you:
• Excellent rate of pay
• Subsidised meals on site
• Refer a friend bonus
• Free onsite parking
• 3 years experience in care of the older person at senior management level (minimum CNM1 level), preferably in a large centre.
• A management qualification in health or related field, desirable.
• Post graduate diploma in gerontology, preferable.
• Have in-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements and regulatory inspection activity as they pertain to residential care centres.
• Have the ability to manage one’s own workload effectively while responding flexibly to new demands at short notice.
• Demonstrate an ability to embrace change and be committed to continuous improvement and learning throughout the residential care home.
• Have the skill to influence others, build constructive relationships and achieve outcomes.
• Promote an ethos and culture of quality assurance within the clinical area, identifying and establishing benchmarks and KPIs in consultation with the Director of Nursing.
• Be a Registered General Nurse.
• Be available to work flexible hours when required.
• In the absence of the Director of Nursing, will undertake the role and responsibilities of the Person-in-Charge in line with the Health Act 2007, related regulations and HIQA standards.
• Ensure that overall standards of hygiene and food safety are maintained at the highest level possible
• Participate in clinical management within the home in consultation with the DON including providing care to residents, communicating with residents/families/representatives, managing staff, monitoring performance and standards, developing policies and procedures, and delivering training.
• Coordinate the quality and safety system including all aspects of clinical risk management and resident involvement.
• Participate in coaching and appraisal of staff on a regular basis
• In consultation with HR, participate in grievance and disciplinary activities
• Coordinate, roster and manage staff in conjunction with the senior management team in the Home
• Lead by example a professional, punctual and dedicated team.
• Participate in the development of policies and standards for Bridhaven
Permanent / Full-time