Raharney, Mullingar, Westmeath
Shay Murtagh Precast Ltd.
Work Activities & Responsibilities
· As a project manager you will have the overall responsibility for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of allocated projects. Reporting regularly on progress to the client or to
· Liaise with estimating/work winning team in preparation of project tenders, constructability reviews and quotations budgets and proposals.
· Provide strong technical advice and management support to assist with the promotion of value engineering precast concrete and site construction options and solutions, including delivery of presentations to clients and their
· Attending of pre-tender and pre-start meetings with clients/architects/ engineers and main contractors.
· Responsible for reviewing the overall project scope including design, manufacturing and installation requirements for projects in conjunction with Design, Operations and Production managers.
. Maintain excellent working relationships with clients, designers and consultants
· Scheduling of all labour, plant and equipment and materials resources required to complete the successful delivery of projects. Selection of approved sub-contractors and negotiating of contract including works scope,
commercial terms and conditions and H&S requirements.
· Management of subcontractors during project delivery.
· Preparation of Project programmes and provide competent project programming and control works progress against agreed programmes
· Co-ordinating a team to achieve targets and meet deadlines, while keeping within the business direction and Company targets.
· Review and recommend work methods for team members.
· Recruitment, training and mentoring of staff including the ability to facilitate and promote mobility of talented people, by leading through example and through continued personal development.
· Identification of skills requirements within the delivery teams through development of a skills matrix. Identification of skills deficit and implementation of training plans.
· Manage change in project scope, identify potential problems and risk and devise contingency plans.
· Recognise potential revenue enhancement and costs reduction/saving opportunities and be able to take action and exploit them.
· Ownership and lead all project activities in a Health & safety conscience manner. You will be responsible for Compliance with Health & Safety Regulations ensuring that activities are monitored regularly and accurate records
maintained. This will include preparation of risk assessments and method statements and H&S Plans in conjunction with H&S Manager
· Preparation of Project RAMS for each project including crane lifts plans and site-specific safety requirements along with H&S Manager
· Responsibility for monitoring and controlling work costs against the budget allocated for the projects along with project commercial manager.
· Proactively plan, execute, resource and finalise projects in accordance with strict budgets and deadlines.
· Assisting with project costs control and change management along with estimating team and interface with company ERP system
· Assist with the preparation of project interim accounts/valuations and preparation and negotiation of final accounts along with QS.
· Assisting with the development of project specific Quality ITP requirements in conjunction with the Quality Systems Manager and ensure these requirements are communicated to production teams on handover.
· Liaise with Transport manager in planning and scheduling of all delivery requirements for site.
· Experience in leading the installation of all pre-cast structures while also managing the Installation crew for post-tension operations.
· Setting out projects and also monitoring the dimensional accuracy of the installation of precast elements
· Co-ordinate the site workload, activities, logistics and manpower while working to strict deadlines, with proven excellent problem-solving skills
· Working knowledge of Auto-Cad and Eurocodes along with excellent IT skills including Microsoft packages.
· You will be required to have a competent understanding of current construction and civil engineering conditions of contract and ability to review associated risk within contracts at tender stage.
· Provision of weekly metrics for company ‘Dashboard’ and also month end report on all projects for Commercial/Construction Director and company management meetings
· Possess excellent and proven organisation, planning and time management skills, a flexible approach and the ability to work on your own initiative.
· Willingness to develop commercial acumen, in addition to technical skills as part of your commitment to ongoing self-improvement as part of your CPD.
· Self-motivated and meticulous, you must also have the ability to prioritise your workload effectively and maintain good accurate daily records.
· Any other appropriate responsibilities as required by the job function.
Skills & Qualities for the Role:
· Degree qualified in Civil/Structural Engineer or Construction Management (or equivalent) with a minimum of five years’ post graduate experience
· Fully flexible regarding travel, prepared to travel to site locations within the UK and Ireland
· Demonstrated excellent mathematical and technical skills
· Ability to think methodically, plan and manage projects with good attention to detail.
· Ability to maintain an overview of numerous projects while continuing to attend to detailed technicalities.
· Valid up to date Safepass, SSSTS card/CSCS card and other related training and tickets are highly desirable
· Excellent verbal and written communication & interpersonal skills - negotiating, supervisory and leadership skills combined with the ability to delegate.
· Ability to work under pressure, balance priorities, and meet strict deadlines is essential and being highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges.
· Team player with exceptional interpersonal skills
. Excellent organisational, planning and time management skill
· Full clean valid driving licence is required
Permanent / Full-time