Dublin Road, Carlow
Integrated Communications Ltd.
Job Title : Operations Manager
Industry : Telecommunications
Purpose of the Job
Responsible for managing the Operations Department and all projects within. To ensure projects are on time, of high-quality standards, within budget and that they adhere to company rules including operational practices, quality, human resources practices and health and safety.
The Operations Manager is a member of the Operations Team reporting to the Managing Director.
The Operations Manager is responsible for managing and supporting the day to day operations and projects of the business through to the Supervisors and Crews.
Key Result Areas
* To develop and manage project plans.
* Ensure projects are resourced accordingly to maximise efficiency and ensure plans are delivered to.
* To manage cross functional projects.
* To prioritise project targets and objectives ensuring project plan / strategy is delivered.
* Must ensure all work in progress is captured and recorded correctly.
* Manage projects to time, cost and customer requirements; provide reports to MD/CFO on projects as necessary.
* Authorise timesheets and agree payroll information, ensuring accuracy and data given in a timely manner.
* To ensure client documentation is completed accurately and in a timely manner to maximise cost charged to the client and cash flow to the company.
* Liaise with Finance department on invoicing and payment schedules.
* To manage budgets for projects ensuring financial targets are achieved.
* Attend customer meetings as required to monitor and review progress and service levels.
* In conjunction with support services ensure Fleet is maintained and process are followed in the field.
* Develop direct reports to build a strong competent team to deliver against targets and objectives.
* Ensure all Quality and Health & Safety processes and procedures are adhered to.
* Advise and communicate with customers on operational and technical issues.
* To support, motivate and empower supervisors to deliver against Company targets and objectives through clear guidance, management, delegation and coaching.
* Production of Training plans and ensuring all training and qualifications are sufficient and up to date.
* To maintain confidentiality at all times when dealing with staff issues.
* To work on an ongoing basis to continually improve HR processes within project areas.
* Recruit employees in conjunction with the HR department, ensuring that all documentation is submitted in a timely manner.
* Ensure effective induction of new staff in conjunction with the HR department, ensuring that all documentation is submitted in a timely manner.
* Actively support the appraisal process: ensuring appraisals take place and all documents are completed effectively and in a timely manner.
* Ensure that annual leave is monitored and approved so that operational needs are met.
* Ensure annual leave is taken in a timely manner and not carried over.
* Provide internal / external summary information as required.
* Monitor sickness levels & ensure return to work interviews are carried out.
* Ensure correct equipment and tools are available to meet project requirements.
* Ensure health and safety and quality audits are carried out and documentation and actions are completed at the relevant time.
* To develop commercial skills to support current business and new business development.
* To comply with Company policies.
* To fulfil H & S responsibilities, adhering to the Company's H & S policies and processes as may be updated from time to time.
* To support and practice the Company's quality policy and work statements.
* To undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required by the Company.
Qualifications & Experience
* B.A of Science in Telecoms or similar (telecoms networks, FTTH Networks, Planning, Building and Testing Telecoms Networks) – (preferable but not essential)
* Extensive project management experience. Prince 2 or similar desirable
* Previous experience of managing large teams of remote working essential, training skills and efficient in staff disciplinary
* Resource Planning
* Training Plans
* Production of Processes and Controls
* Previous experience of managing budgets essential
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills essential
* Influencing and negotiating skills
* Quality Assurance Experience
* Health & Safety Knowledge
* Good Reporting Skills
* Fibre Optics / HFC Technical Skills
* High level of IT literacy in particular but not restricted to hand held devices,
* MS Office Suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Databases
Permanent / Full-time