Role: Trainee Wind Turbine Technician
Location: Various, worldwide
Salary: Highly competitive plus daily allowance and clear career progression
Rotation: 3 weeks on, 1 week off
Do you have a trade or an agriculture background?
Are you looking for a new role and an exciting long-term career in the renewable energy industry?
The Windhoist goal is to make you as passionate about the wind industry as we are.
Wind is the way forward, and we want everyone to know it! Our outstanding growth is providing us with the opportunity to add qualified tradespeople to our business to join in a Trainee Wind Turbine Technician role.
We will be holding interviews in a Skype Interview Day on 29th April so have a look below, and if this sounds like something you would be interested in get in touch.
The Trainee Wind Turbine Technician role duties and responsibilities:
• Closely adhering to all safety standards and procedures
• Unpacking and inspecting turbine components prior to the commencement of the assembly process
• Operation and use of tools and turbine equipment to carry out mechanical assembly, torqueing, tensioning and recording torque valves of the different wind components
• Cleaning wind turbine components
• Carry out risk assessments and method statements
• Following work instructions in accordance with the manufacturers manual
• Performing task with due care and diligence, seeking assistance when encountering turbine issues outside trained skill level
• Following defined instructions, executing plans as directed according to instructions
• Effectively contributing to a strong team environment
• Proactively looking for improvement opportunities to job related processes and procedures and communicate through appropriate channels
• Preparation of necessary documentation to works carried out for client handover
• Ensuring low snag count of turbine at all times
To be considered for the Trainee Wind Turbine Technician role:
• A relevant trade such as electrician, plumber, mechanic, or joiner
• A background working in agriculture is also considered
• Safe Pass, CSCS, CCNSG or relevant Health & Safety endorsed card
• Wind experience would be preferred but not essential
• Happy to work away from home
• An ambitious and driven attitude
In return you will receive:
• A competitive salary (salary will depend on experience & qualifications)
• Opportunity to travel the world
• Market leading In-House training
• Full PPE will be provided
• There will be access to a company vehicle on each site if required
Permanent / Full-time