KF Investigative Engineers
Are you a Structural Engineer looking for a change in career direction? We’ve an opportunity for a Forensic Engineer to investigate the failure of structures and building components. This is an exciting and varied role, where no two cases are ever the same. Full training will be provided.
You’ll be trusted by many of Ireland’s leading insurers and legal teams to investigate the technical issues with failures and losses. Your workload will typically involve buildings damaged by issues such as fire, storms, water and subsidence, affecting domestic and commercial properties.
Our office is in North County Dublin but we travel regularly throughout Ireland.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
• Site inspections to collect evidence of the damage or defect.
• Background research of technical issues.
• Report writing.
• Degree qualification in Civil or Structural Engineering.
• Chartered Member of Engineers Ireland or equivalent.
• Minimum 6 years of relevant engineering experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Full driving licence.
• Candidates must be eligible to work in Ireland.
• Experience of building / condition surveys.
• Experience of the insurance or legal sectors.
• Ability to work safely at height, gaining access by ladder or mobile elevated work platform.
• Ability to work safely in small spaces such as attics.
Permanent / Full-time