ABP Food Group
ABP Food Group is the UK’s and Irelands largest beef processor, and we also operate substantial
renewable, pet food, and protein divisions. We employ over 11,000 people at over 35 processing
facilities around the world.
ABP Food Group is currently recruiting for the role of an Accounts Payable Clerk to join our busy
Finance Department. This is a 9 month maternity leave cover role. The successful candidate will be
based in Rathkeale, Co Limerick.
In this job you will be responsible for the processing of invoices, job costing and the issuing of
payments. You will play an important role in the efficient operation of your company by maintaining
financial records and assisting with the overall operation of your organisation’s finance department.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Reviewing and verifying invoices and cheque requests.
• Sorting, coding and matching invoices before setting them up for payment.
• Preparation and processing of electronic transfers and payments.
• Operation of Revenue RCT.
• Verifying and processing staff expenses.
• Maintenance of vendor files.
• Liaising with suppliers.
• Responsible for month end close and supplier reconciliations.
• Working to continuously improve the payment processes of your company.
• Ensuring the correct supporting documentation is available for audits.
• Processing sales invoices.
• Prepare analysis of costs for monthly reporting.
• General office administration.
Skills and Qualifications:
• 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role.
• Knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards and compliance
• General math skills.
• Proficiency in MS Office, including the ability to operate computerized accounting and
• High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality.
• Excellent data entry skills.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
• Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills.
• Effective organizational, stress and time management skills.
• Demonstrates a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work independently or as a team member.
Permanent / Full-time