ABP Food Group
ABP Clones is part of ABP Food Group which is Europe’s leading privately owned
agribusiness companies. We are Ireland’s largest beef processor, and we also operate
substantial renewable, pet food and protein divisions. We employ over 11,000 people at over
40 processing facilities around the world. This is an opportunity to join a market leader in the
beef sector who is growing the business beyond market expectations. A company that has a
reputation as an excellent employer and people focused business.
The ideal candidate will have served an apprenticeship and will possess 2 to 3 year’s practical
experience in a medium/large industry. A team player with the ability to work with people and
give technical advice where required is essential. Must be clearly focused on the safety and
environmental elements of the plant, and work in co-operation with our departments. Selfstarter with the ability to work on own initiative
This will be an evening shift roll and the successful candidate will be part of the maintenance
team with responsibilities for preventative and breakdown maintenance and the related
documentation of the maintenance carried out. This role is based in Clones, Co Monaghan
• To carry out start up/shut down checks on machinery throughout the plant on a daily basis.
• Ensure that all breakdowns are carried out swiftly and safely at all times.
• Ensure that all servicing and maintenance throughout the site is done in an efficient, safe
and hygienic manner.
• Repairs, servicing and good maintenance of machinery.
• All works and all breakdowns is carried out in a safe and tidy manner.
• To implement and follow the preventative maintenance schedule
• To ensure that records are completed.
• The above job description is designed to give an appreciation of the main functions of the
job. It is not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive.
• Tig/arch welding, meat machinery and plant repair experience an advantage but not essential
• To ensure that the staff comply with the Company Health & Safety policy.
• Other duties as assigned.
Permanent / Full-time