Grass Technology, based in Borris, Co. Carlow, is an established agricultural machinery manufacturer and is Europe’s market-leader for zero-grazers, as well as one of the fastest growing producers of slurry systems and retrofitting in Ireland.
Due to continued success and expansion, we are seeking an experienced Production Foreman to oversee our busy team on a full-time basis. This is a vital role for creating efficiency and maintaining quality in the manufacturing process and the successful applicant will work closely with management and their team to ensure a smooth and efficient production process.
• Supervise employees and manufacturing activities, in addition to conducting performance reviews, including resolving performance issues.
• Lead improvement projects, partner with engineering team on investigations and/or corrective actions
• Accountable for productivity and quality metrics of staff, and provide regular progress reports and manufacturing metrics to management.
• Oversee the scheduling of work orders and team performance metrics.
• Ensure appropriate staffing for all positions.
• Accountable to ensure staff is appropriately trained to perform assigned work.
• Document owner for assigned product line assembly procedures
• Monitor raw material usage and availability required in daily production
• Monitor material and labour variances to meet established standards
• Other incidental duties commensurate with the job
2 years’ related experience required with full responsibility for all personnel including handling all aspects of employee relations in manufacturing, quality and/or product development engineering
Experience working in multi-cultural teams with cultural sensitivity
Experience working in the agricultural industry (preferred)
• Project management experience
• Excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills;
• Full understanding of manufacturing procedures related to all stages of own area of responsibility
• Demonstrated ability to supervise teams and provide feedback
• Ability to analyse and identify potential line/operation adjustments to improve efficiency
• Ability to work and excel within a fast paced, dynamic, and constantly changing work environment
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing concepts and Six Sigma (preferred)
• Adhere to all EHS rules and requirements and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Permanent / Full-time