Dara Residential Services t/a Dara Community Living
About the Position: 10hrs/week over 2-3 days a week - Naas area.
Working 1:1 with a young man to help him to source a meaningful part-time job, develop his competencies, independence and social skills and broaden his social outlets and networking opportunities in his local community.
You should be:
• Able to build strong, collaborative relationships with the person they are supporting and their families
• A good community connector, outgoing, energetic and confident about sharing practical knowledge and teaching new skills
• Able to help the person implement their own person-centred plan
• Calm, adaptable, intuitive and patient with a sense of humour
• Creative, good at taking the initiative and planning in a reliable and flexible manner
• Organized, professional with sound common sense
• An excellent communicator with excellent spoken and written English.
A full, clean driving licence is required for this position. Full induction and training provided.
Closing date: No later than 5pm Friday, January 8th 2021.
Shortlisting will apply, only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Dara Community Living is an equal opportunities employer.
Possibilitiesplus is part of Dara Community Living and designs and co-manages individualised service arrangements for people with intellectual disabilities to live an ordinary life in their community.
Permanent / Full-time