Dara Residential Services t/a Dara Community Living
Residential Support Workers
1 Year Fixed Term (Flexible hours available)
Celbridge, Co. Kildare
As part of a team, assist in creating a secure and stable environment for individuals with an Intellectual Disability. This will involve enabling each person supported to live as independently as possible whilst, at the same time, providing the motivation, support and guidance in activities of daily living as outlined in each individual’s Person-Centred Plan. The Support Worker is primarily responsible for the day to day activities of daily living.
• Support Workers must have a full driver licence and be prepared to drive company vehicles
• To at all times work with a zero tolerance towards abuse, mistreatment or neglect of any type or degree.
• To act within your Duty of Care where you have a concern for the welfare or treatment of any person supported in Dara Community Living.
• To promote independence.
• To administer medications in accordance with Dara Community Living Safe Administration of Medication Policy and Procedures.
• To assist each person to develop and maintain contacts within the community including the development of relationships with others such as families and friends.
• To support and assist each person with domestic care and social activities.
• To ensure that, as far as possible, the privacy and dignity of each person is maintained.
• To ensure that appropriate supervision of each person is maintained at all times following relevant Policies & Procedures.
• To ensure that the physical and intimate care needs of each person are met.
• Have experience in the social care/intellectual disability sector preferably in Residential settings
• Full, clean driver’s license
• Available to do sleepover duties, work a residential roster – evenings and weekend duty
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and familiar with report writing.
JOIN OUR TEAM – BENEFITS
• Company pension with company contribution (including income protection and death-in-service benefits)
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Free Parking
• Bike to Work scheme
• Training and development (CPD)
• Option to join the Health Service credit union
HOW TO APPLY:
Closing date for receipt of CV is no later than 5pm on Wednesday 20th of January 2021
Shortlisting will apply, only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Dara Community Living is an equal opportunities employer
Permanent / Full-time