North East to North West, Leitrim
Archway Products Ltd.
About the Company
Archway Products Ltd. was established in 1990 and has grown over the years to specialize in the design, manufacturing, sale and hire of the Roadmaster Patcher, a road repair machine and vehicle which utilize a Spray Injection Patching methodology to repairs potholes and road surface defects. Innovation and determination are at the heart of our success and we devote time and resources to ongoing research and development projects. With a strong Irish and UK market, we are currently exploring expansion opportunities in other markets.
About the role
This role is responsible for the operation of the Roadmaster™ Patcher Machine in carrying out road maintenance and surface patching. The Roadmaster™ is a self-contained unit carrying bitumen emulsion and aggregate (stone chips). The driver, working from the cab of the truck, controls the delivery of a mix of bitumen emulsion and stone chips to the repair area. This requires skill and judgement and delivers a speedy and long-lasting repair to the damaged area.
Our customers are primarily local authorities throughout Ireland so while you report to the Business Manager Ireland, you will be expected to work in close cooperation with the Local Authority Road Engineers.
This role requires full compliance with all health & safety regulations. As you will represent the Company on daily basis at client sites, you must be presentable at all times and professional in your communications with others.
This role is suited to a someone who is motivated, enjoys working with plant, and can get along with others.
Candidate Experience/ Education
· A current Category CE Driving Licence and valid CPC
· Signing Lighting and Guarding at Roadworks Qualification (3-day course & valid CSCS SLG card)
· A valid Solas Safe Pass card
· Previous experience on plant & machinery necessary
· Have a keen eye for level surfaces and irregularities
· Some mechanical ability would be an advantage
· Able to use a smart phone and tablet, ability to use apps and email
· Motivated & flexibility to work at various sites
· Be professional and provide good customer service
· Be a team player but also comfortable working alone, using their initiative and be prepared to assume responsibility and be demonstrate a “can-do” approach to work
· Have fluent English and must be eligible to live and work in Ireland.
· Previous experience in the use of road repair materials, highway maintenance and Local Authority procedures while not necessary would be an advantage.
Temporary / Full-time