The Stock Control Manager is responsible for the overall management of the stock warehouse including staff and management of the back office system.
Working at ThinkBike is a positive, busy and challenging environment. We are a well-established and well regarded bike shop for our high level of customer service and have an amazing team to support same. The successful candidate will work great on a team, be able to think critically and will thrive in a diverse, busy environment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Stock Warehouse Operations
• Oversee warehouse operations including warehouse upkeep, technological systems, bike building, sales, and safety;
• Manages stock tracking system to record deliveries, shipments and stock levels;
• Maintain inventory of new stock and manage restocking from appropriate sources;
• Evaluates deliveries, shipments and product levels to improve inventory control procedures;
• Maintain a clean, organized, and functional warehouse;
• Develops business relationships with suppliers and clients;
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed;
• Some evening and weekend shifts required.
• Managing up to 4 inventory staff and bike mechanics;
• Manages the recruitment and training of new employees;
• Report weekly, or as needed at staff meetings to discuss operations and changes;
• Prepare and submit recommendations reports to Director;
• Ensure that all phone calls, requests, and questions are addressed properly and in a timely fashion.
• Complete annual goals and evaluations with Director;
• Conduct price research to maintain appropriate pricing inventory knowledge;
• Seek out technologies/trends in the industry to maintain/enhance quality of work and products.
Stock Control Manager Qualifications/Skills:
• Previous management experience within the bike industry essential;
• Strong knowledge of bikes, bike components and bike mechanical skills;
• Experience with managing and empowering a diverse staff and large customer base;
• Strong educational and teaching skills;
• Experience with Microsoft office, management of back office systems and point of sale programs;
• Strong verbal and written communication skills;
• Strong attention to detail including excellent problem solving and analysing data;
• Team oriented;
• Proactive critical thinking.
• Employee discount
• On-site parking
• Store discount
• 8 hour shift
• Advanced/Higher Certificate (Preferred)
Closing On: 24 Mar 2021
Permanent / Full-time