We have a fantastic opportunity for an Electrical Apprentice to join our team in Donabate. As an Electrical Apprentice you will work with the operations team at our Donabate site.
You will work within a team and develop the skills to design and install electrical systems incorporating all types of electrical materials, ensuring that all installations meet current regulations.
Ensure that all buildings are tested to the required standards, including the completion of appropriate documentation.
Conduct fault finding and undertake rectifications of existing systems and ensure timescales for completing work are achieved and quality standards reached.
You will complete a 4 year Electrical apprenticeship, supported through a structured in house development programme and a range of classroom based practical workshops and virtual learning with Solas to ensure you to attain the relevant skills, knowledge and behaviours required to achieve your apprenticeship.
Throughout the duration of your apprenticeship you will be appointed a workplace mentor to support you with your learning.
What are the key accountabilities?
• To undertake a range of tasks suited to the current level of training and development.
• Attend college and complete course work on time and to a high standard.
• Assist & liaise with Managers/Supervisors on relevant work activity.
• Apply lean principles and techniques to help and contribute to your team delivering and exceeding our KPI targets.
• Understanding and applying theelectrical principles associated with the design, building, installation and maintenance of electrical equipment and systems.
• Ensure compliance relevant Health and Safety practices and all applicable legislation to encourage and maintain zero harm environment and culture.
• Ensure that buildings are tested to the required standards where necessary - under supervision.
• To support on supplementary process based tasks where required, that may not be directly electrical related.
• Salary Year 1 : €252.47 p/w increasing to €682.34 p/w in Year 4.
• 23 days paid holiday per year
• Buy up to 5 days additional holiday per year
What qualification or qualities are required?
Ideally Leaving Cert (or equivalent).
Able to establish good relationships with customers and colleagues.
Works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way.
The ability to follow procedures and policies and manage your time effectively.
Good planning/organisational skills.
At Portakabin, apprentices are integral to our future talent pipeline, and following the successful completion of your apprenticeship you may have the opportunity to take the next step in your career with us.
Previous apprentices have gone on to great success and continue to contribute to the overall success of the business. Come and join us today!
Permanent / Full-time