Due to expansion on our family farm we require four people to fill this roll.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
You will be working in our Pack House as a team trimming or packing vegetables on a production line monitoring the quality control of products, packing and loading product for distribution. Working as part of a team, you will be applying practical skills, in potato grading turnip production line and cabbage production line.
Key Areas Of The Role
• Adhering to HACCP and Health and safety practices at all times.
• Measuring, grading product to specification required
• Starting, operating, tending, stopping, and cleaning machines as you go.
• Loading and unloading items from machines, boxes, production lines, pallets etc.
• You will manage processes and systems both manual and automated.
• Rejecting out-of-specification product.
• Packing finished produce into box/crate and label accordingly.
• Reporting equipment faults or product issues to the Production Manager
• Using lifting equipment, pallet trucks and forklift truck.
The work involves both indoor and outdoor work throughout the year. Suitable applicants will ideally have previously worked in the Agricultural/Horticultural sector and have a good understanding of the work involved is an advantage but not a requirement.
• Manual work experience.
• Own transport (bus,bike,car, lift) is essential
• Fork lift experience - a bonus but not essential
• Salary; Paid weekly
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: €11.00 to €12.50 /hour
Permanent / Full-time