Jeremy Walsh Project Management
Jeremy Walsh Project Management (JWPM) is a quality focused project management and engineering consultancy based in Tralee, Co. Kerry.
As chartered engineers and passive house consultants we provide project management, engineering and building fabric design services for residential and commercial building projects.
We have a particular focus on sustainable construction both in terms of reducing operation energy use and the embodied energy of the building materials.
We pride ourselves on providing a personal service, delivering high quality buildings and a strong focus on the needs of our clients.
We at JWPM are proud of our employees and have a strong commitment to Continuous Professional Development which includes third party courses, tutoring from in house specialists and in house research.
This is an exciting opportunity to experience a holistic whole life cycle approach to design and management of building projects.
1. Junior Civil/Structural Engineer required to join a Project Management/Engineering Consultancy.
2. The successful Engineer will work with a project team and assist in the preparation of engineering and building fabric design for a broad range of building projects.
3. You will assist in the preparation of planning, tender and construction documents including structural & civil design calculations and drawings.
4. You will work closely with clients and will assist in the management of the projects once they have moved to the construction phase.
5. Whilst the role will primarily be officed based you will be required to carry out periodic site inspections to ensure compliance with the design and the building regulations.
6. Assisting in undertaking duties of the PSDP, Assigned Certifier and Ancillary Certifier.
The ideal candidate should have:
1. Degree in Civil / Structural Engineering.
2. 1-3 years’ experience preferred but not essential.
3. Applicant must be proficient at AutoCad and MS Office suite of apps.
4. Good knowledge of building construction details and the building regulations.
5. Co-operative and flexible work approach and willing to work as part of a team to deliver the highest quality service and end product.
6. Full driving licence and access to a car.
7. Good communication skills, both written and oral.
Salary & Benefits:
· Negotiable and commensurate with qualifications and relevant experience
· Company pension scheme available
Permanent / Full-time