Alder Homes Ltd
Alder Homes is a house building company based in Co Kildare. The markets served by the company include the Commercial, Civil & Residential Construction sectors.
Due to increased work levels, Alder Homes has a unique opportunity for a high calibre General Foreman, to assist in the provision of building services under the direction of the Site Manger / Project Manager.
Our multiple projects scheduled to commence in the Kildare / Laois area will offer ambitious team members the opportunity to assume new challenges and increase their scope of responsibilities. Join our growing team and progress your career with Alder Homes.
This role will involve working directly with the Construction Director and construction team to ensure that each house is finished as agreed. We require an experienced, motivated team player with a keen commercial acumen who can contribute to the successful delivery of the project.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following
• Manage subcontractors and service providers
• Managing civil engineering and groundwork contractors
• Managing construction team
• Managing programme
• Take control of all works from house foundations through to 1st & 2nd fix including external finishes, paving, boundary walls and landscaping.
• Ensure completion dates are met
• Ensuring quality of works
• Managing health and safety on Site
• Continuous CPD Development
Qualifications / Skills Required
• Trade background preferable with 3 to 5 years’ experience required
• Background in residential construction
• Excellent working knowledge of latest building regulation and certification standards
• An ability to achieve demanding time and quality targets.
• To have good spoken and written communication skills
• To be methodical, pay attention to detail and be accurate
• To be good at working with people at all levels and willing to work in a team.
• To be self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative
• To be able to co-ordinate a number of different tasks at the same time.
• To be willing to accept responsibility for completing designated tasks.
Benefits of working with Alder Homes
• Competitive salary
• Employer Pension Contribution
• Annual Leave 21 days (Pro Rata)
• Bike to work scheme
• Free parking
• Mobile Phone
• Flexible working arrangements
• Continuous Professional Development (CPD) programme and funding
• Become part of a great team
• Work on large scale projects
Permanent / Full-time