This job is based in Portugal
The Production Manager is responsible for the following:
· Effective daily management of the Production department ensuring delivery of Production plans in line with budgets.
· Ensuring the Production department operates in compliance with company policies and procedures including environmental, occupational health and safety, security and cGMP.
· Efficient and reliable performance of the Company's processes through sustainable process improvement, process control, reporting and adoption of a continuous improvement culture.
· Efficient collaboration and co-ordination between relevant support departments.
· Reporting to senior management in a timely manner any issues relating to Production operations.
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
· Effective people management skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· High level of organisation skills and attention to detail.
· Knowledge of cGMP and Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient manufacturing.
· Experience in LEAN, OEE or other continuous improvement methodologies.
· Knowledge of health and safety industry standards.
Minimum 5 years’ experience in an industrial chemical production environment with demonstrated managerial experience.
· The effective management of daily Production activities, including labour allocation, Production planning to ensure timely, cost effective delivery of product output in line with monthly and annual budgets.
· To foster effective relationships with Engineering, R & D, Quality and Agriculture departments and other stakeholders in order to continually improve Production performance.
· Ensure that all production personnel work in compliance with cGMP guidelines, departmental and company policies and Government regulations.
· To ensure any product quality failures attributable to Production are fully investigated and CAPA plans delivered in a timely fashion.
· Achieve and improve Production KPI’s and adherence to schedule by monitoring daily production downtime / operations efficiency, assisting in troubleshooting process and equipment operability issues, identify root causes and implement efficient and simple solutions.
· Work closely with Engineering on the development and optimization of maintenance and calibration programmes, shutdown maintenance schedules, new equipment specifications for capital projects and existing equipment modifications.
· Monitor production efficiencies within each Production area and work with the Process Development team to target and implement areas for improvement.
· Monitor and control overall plant operating expenses.
· To maintain training records, training matrices and learning and development plans for all Production staff.
· To perform investigatory and disciplinary meetings as required and directed by the Manufacturing Director.
· Prepare monthly reports and submit to the Head of Manufacturing in a timely manner.
· To support the Process Development department during the technology transfer of process improvements from the laboratory into full scale Production.
· Complete incident and accident investigations as required to minimise potential for recurrence.
· Perform plant tours for visitors and auditors as required.
Permanent / Full-time