Responsibilities of Position:
• Procure stock inventory materials, components and packaging. Ensure materials availability to
support production through MRP execution. Support equipment and services procurement.
• Compliance responsibilities for the procurement function ensuring that all records are kept upto-date and audit presentable.
• Maintaining supplier records; sending supplier set up forms, and analyzing the documents
returned for full completion. Implementing checks to current records for audit compliance.
• Placing purchase orders according to established policies and procedures, including any
returns. Following up on supplier purchase orders, and regular generation of supplier forecasts.
• Supplier relationship management; interacting with suppliers and customers via telephone,
email and meetings. Regularly assess supplier performance according to established metrics
• Purchasing specifications management; generation of specifications, upload of approved
documents to NWQS and filing of same.
• Preparation of documentation for reporting at regular Supply Chain meetings; evaluating
supplier performance and reliability through formal reporting with defined metrics of Quality
Delivery and Performance.
• Support new site projects as a Supply Chain representative; managing the critical path and
ensuring key dates are met, highlighting any issues to the project team/manager.
• 1-2 years’ experience as a Graduate/Junior Buyer in a fast-paced environment.
• Leaving Certificate/or Relevant Third Level Certificate or equivalent experience.
• Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent organisation and time management skills.
• Proficient in MS Office and strong IT skills.
• Systems experience or a clear demonstration of the ability to learn to use systems quickly.
Permanent / Full-time