DOJO HEALTH LIMITED
We’re looking for a chef with previous experience working in a busy kitchen who has a genuine love of food and an appetite working with fresh, local and seasonal produce. The restaurant is located in a busy lunch time area. Working hours will primarily be daytime with evening service to commence in the next few months. This is an exciting opportunity to join a young, dynamic company committed to a better lifestyle for our customers and staff.
• Daily food preparation, meeting the quality and standards of HACCP.
• Responsible to maintaining the hygiene of the kitchen
• Ensure all dishes leaving the kitchen are prepared and presented to agreed standards.
• Avoid unnecessary wastage, managing stocks in a responsible manner.
• Coordination of daily tasks with the Sous Chef.
• Supervision and training of junior and new kitchen staff.
• Estimating the daily production needs, avoiding unnecessary wastage.
• Manage stocks in a responsible manner.
• Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
• Assist in developing daily and seasonal menu items.
• Operate and maintain all equipment of the kitchen following H&S procedures.
• Ensuring a friendly working environment where creativity, continuous improvement, and constructive criticism are standard.
• 2 years’ experience as Chef de Partie in a busy kitchen.
• Ability to showcase available local and seasonal ingredients.
• HACCP knowledge and experience.
• Fluent English and Portuguese.
• Fermentation knowledge.
• Understanding of nutrition, free from propositions and allergen management).
• Knowledge of waste disposal, green and environment friendly.
• The ability to work within a calm and cooperative working atmosphere.
• Customer Service Driven
• Able to work on own initiative
As a company, we are dedicated to improving ourselves, helping individuals, and the collective build a better lifestyle. We’re committed to honesty, integrity and quality in all aspects of the business from how we source and prepare our food and interact with our suppliers through to the working environment for our staff and how our customers are treated. We are committed to the environment and are ecologically correct with our waste disposals.
Our food is food for purpose which benefits our customers and our ingredients, dishes and products are aimed towards this. All menu elements will be prepared in house from scratch.
Permanent / Full-time