Dublin 4, Dublin
Our client is a design and build specialist within in the healthcare sector and carry out works within healthcare and pharmaceutical environments which require specialist expertise and an extremely high standard of workmanship. They are trusted partners for leading medical equipment suppliers, Private clinics, the Heath Service Executive (HSE) and a number of public hospitals.
Due to continued expansion of the business and in order to meet increasing demand from the Healthcare sector, they now wish to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their team.
· Fully qualified either by way of formal education in Quantity Surveying, relevant construction economics degree or through extensive experience and extensive construction industry knowledge.
· Excellent people management skills with a proven ability to effectively deliver results through others to a consistently high standard.
· Ability to work as part of a close knit management team and manage numerous activities and projects simultaneously – both short and long term.
· Strong influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to build effective working relationships with clients and colleagues at all levels.
· Excellent IT systems knowledge with particular importance on quantity surveying software such as Cubit, Buildsoft, Costex.
· Excellent communication skills - both written and oral.
· Strong level of resilience & ability to deal effectively with disagreement or differences of opinion.
· Highly numerate and analytical with strong attention to detail and methodical thinking with ability to absorb complex information and assess requirements efficiently.
· High personal motivation with ability to work on own initiative with the minimum of supervision.
· Excellent time management and prioritisation skills and can work well under pressure.
· Strong commercial acumen, excellent problem-solving skills with ability to consider responses carefully.
Flexibility with regard to working across all areas of the business to meet the requirements of the business.
Knowledge of forms of contract currently used within the Building and Civil Engineering industry.
REMUNERATION: An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated to reflect the calibre of person appointed and the importance of this position.
.EXECUTIVE COACHING The successful candidate will also receive a 6-month confidential Executive Coaching on boarding programme from AIMS International upon taking up this position. This unique confidential service aims to ensure that the joint expectations of our client and the newly appointed Senior Quantity Surveyor are clearly understood and managed from the initial stages of the relationship. The first six months of any appointment can be critical for both parties. On the one hand the company will need to see evidence of added value from the new executive, and on the other the newly appointed executive will need to feel that he/she has made the right career decision. This programme is about embedding and securing the success of the new relationship.
Quantity Surveying, Construction Management, Estimating
Fuel Allowance, Meal Allowance / Canteen, Parking
Permanent / Full-time