CONNACHT HOSPITALITY LIMITED
Position: Construction Plant Fitter (Permanent Full-time position)
Department: Mechanic Department
Reporting to: Equipment Manager
Long established Construction Firm and Golf Resort are seeking to attract an experienced and qualified Plant Fitter/Mechanic to join the team in Galway. The Plant Fitter/Mechanic will repair and maintain a range of construction plant and Golf Resort equipment. Minimum experience after qualification is one year.
Key Deliverable & Responsibility
• This role involves carrying out effective services, inspection, maintenance, and repair work on equipment at any of our locations.
• Fault finding and repair of petrol/diesel engine construction equipment.
• The ability to identify parts needed for repair and maintenance of equipment and liaise with the appropriate suppliers for ordering.
• Diagnose specific fault issues and action appropriately.
• Support the roles of others ensuring administration, paperwork and timesheets are completed effectively and on time as and when required.
• Responsible for adherence to the Company Health & Safety policy.
• Competence in the use of schematic drawings and identifying electronic faults in equipment.
• Maintain an effective and detailed record of works on plant and equipment.
Repair and Maintenance of:
• Tracked Vehicles
• Small two-Stroke Engines
• Mobile hydraulic Systems
• Single Cylinder diesel engines
• Mobile air compressors
• Torque- Converters
• Power-Shift transmissions
• Golf Course Equipment and Plant
• Mobile Air Conditioning (Mac) Systems (Discuss and demonstrate best practice for handling of F gases storage cylinders, the safe recovery and disposal of F gas. Perform full servicing of an air conditioning system of an automotive vehicle to include leak detection, recovery, vacuum, and refill. (Regulation No. 842/2006 of the European Parliament and the council of 17 of May 2006 in relation to the air conditioning systems of automotive vehicles (MACs)
Servicing, repair, and overhaul of:
• Electrical Systems, Brake systems
• Suspension Systems
• Diesel Fuel Systems
• Petrol Fuel System
• Safety Procedures
• Qualified Construction Plant Fitter
• Minimum of 1 years’ experience working as a Plant fitter or mechanic.
• Interpretation And application of data
• Computers Skills
• Report writing
• Team Player
• Fluency in English, both spoken and written. Good Communication Skills
• Full, clean driving licence (Essential)
• Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
• Proven ability to work without supervision, using your own initiative, or within a team.
• Personal protective equipment provided.
• Social distancing guidelines in place
• Sanitisation, disinfection, or cleaning procedures in place
Permanent / Full-time