Connolly Motor Group
Connolly Motor Group is one of the largest Motor groups in Ireland for Audi, Volkswagen, Mercedes-Benz, Hyundai, SEAT and Car Centres with 13 sites covering Mayo Sligo, Galway and Donegal, employing over 300 people.
Due to expansion Connolly Motor Group are now launching a brand-new Sales Apprentice Programme, we are currently interested in recruiting Sales Apprentices to join our growing team across all sites.
You will undertake the Sales Apprenticeship over 2 years, covering all aspects of selling and sales.
Your training will be a combination of on-the-job training within the organisation and off-the-job learning via online classes and face to face workshops with Mayo Sligo Leitrim Education and Training Board (MSLETB).
You will be released from the workplace to participate in the online classes and face to face workshops.
As a Sales Apprentice, you will deliver an outstanding experience to our customers, ensuring their needs are understood and met.
Throughout the apprenticeship you will be learning and developing skills as supported by your Mentor.
The duties will include:
• Follow up every sales opportunity through the company website leads, customer enquiry calls and emails
• Ensure cars including commercial vehicles are online
• Follows the sales process, designed to achieve maximum results from the available sales opportunities
• Deliver the highest level of customer satisfaction continuously
• Achieve the individual objectives communicated by the Mentor
• Sell an agreed volume of new and used cars communicated by the Mentor
• Pursue and achieve incremental sales and profit opportunities through the sale of finance, warranty, insurance and accessory sales
• Provide advice to new and existing customers regarding the various products that are available with the sales of their new / used vehicle
• Participates in external promotional activities to raise the profile of the brand and generate sales opportunities
• Develops and maintain comprehensive product knowledge in respect of all vehicles, prices, promotions, funding and taxation of vehicles
• Maintains good relationships with customers by meeting and exceeding their expectations
• Undertake all administration requirements of the position to include relevant paperwork and reports
• Provides completed deal file with appropriate dealer and insurance documentation to the sales administration department to ensure that the vehicle is ordered and taxed on time
• Actively prospect for new customers by cold calling, emails and use of the appropriate databases
• Qualify the customers needs and present the dealerships products and services which will enable these needs to be met
• Establishes the most appropriate way for the customer to fund their acquisition (PCP / Hire Purchase / Other funding arrangements), according with FCA regulations
• Conducts a structured and professional vehicle handover in accordance with the vehicle handover checklist, guide and customer pack for the appropriate product
• Maintains regular contact with all customers both with preand post-sale
• Handles customer queries using the necessary skills and resolving the issue to the mutual satisfaction of the customer and the business
• Maintains and updates customer contact data on Kerridge (CRM System) on a daily basis
Following training and as the role develops,you will be required to have the:
• Ability to prospect effectively
• Ability to qualify customers effectively
• Ability to present and sell the unique selling points of all products
• Ability to manage andclose existing deals while cultivating new opportunities
This position will establish your career in a niche market and thus you must have a strong work ethic and drive to succeed in a busy sales environment.
You will be assigned adedicated workplace mentor who will be there to support you throughout the programme offering guidance and making sure that all aspects of your learning follows the structured training plan.
This is an “earn and learn” programme and upon successful completion you will qualify as a Sales Specialist and gain a QQI validated NFQ Level 6 Advanced Certificate in Sales. Holders of this award will be eligible to progress within the organisation and/or to higher education programmes.
Entry Requirements to the Apprenticeship Programme
• Must have Grade O6/H7 or above in 5 Leaving Certificate subjects (including Maths F2/06/H7 along with English or Irish 06/H7)
• If you do not have a Leaving Certificate you must have a full QQI Level 5 or higher qualification.
• Full clean drivers license is essential
• Time Management skills -Work independently in a busy environment, managing own time and workflow
• Strong communication skills
• Build and maintain relationships across the group
• Internationalapplicants must present the equivalent of a full Level 5 qualification or higher
• Mature applicants aged 21 years and over without a Level 5 qualification but has relevant experience will also be considered following an interview and submission of supporting documentation
If you are driven, customer focused, with a
Permanent / Full-time