Dublin 15, Dublin
Based at our Blanchardstown Distribution Centre, Dublin 15 and reporting to the relevant Transport Co-Ordinator, you will provide the best in class delivery service to our customers and collection service from our full range of suppliers. You will be required to carry out all assigned driving duties in a professional and efficient manner and act as a company ambassador when dealing with customers, the public and other third parties.
- On time delivery and collection service
- Building good working relationships with our retailers and be a brand ambassador for the company.
- Responsible for the general up keep and security of the vehicle/tractor unit and trailer unit which reflects the positive image of the company and food distribution.
- Ensuring that all required documentation is accurately completed.
- You will work as part of the Depot team to meet operational/budget targets and standards where customer satisfaction is essential.
- Responsible for safety, showing courtesy to other road users and complying with the rules of the road. Ensure that trailers are loaded and discharged with due care for the safety of everyone, including the public. Maintain and control Health & Safety, Quality and HACCP requirements relating to the transport system.
- Be fully compliant with the requirements laid down in legislation covering drivers.
- Communication with management in terms of problems, arranging loads, reporting accidents and any other occasions where such contact is necessary.
- Respond to work requirements at short notice to satisfy customer needs.
Education, Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate should have at least 5 years` experience as a HGV driver, at least 2 years of which must have been gained driving articulated vehicles.
You must be a team player, flexible and have the ability to remain focused whilst under pressure.
You will have the ability to work on your own initiative, be self-motivated and have a consistent work methodology.
CPC Compliant - all modules up to date and completed.
Permanent / Full-time