Portmarnock Hotel & Golf Links
The provision of an efficient service of food & beverage to Hotel & Golf Links residents and non-residents in a clean and comfortable environment. Ensuring that the highest standards of hospitality and welcome are demonstrated at all times within the food and beverage areas.
• Greet and acknowledge the guest according to company standards in a timely, friendly and efficient manner.
• Present the guests with the menu and informs them about special items for the day and menu changes.
• Suggest food and beverages to the guest and also try to upsell.
• Always respond to guest requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner.
• Take beverage orders and serving them to guest in a timely manner.
• Check guests for proper identification and serve alcoholic beverages to guests in accordance with Irish Law.
• Fully aware of the outlet beverage and food menus along with their prices.
• Knowledge of Allergen Information.
• Good knowledge of wine selection, wine service, whiskey selection and beer service.
• Take guest beverage and food orders and accurately input into the micros point of sale system.
• Effectively communicate to kitchen regarding any special preferences or allergies.
• Coordinate with the kitchen staff, bar staff and food runners to ensure smooth operation and guest satisfaction.
• Serve food and beverage to the guest as per the course of order.
• Maintaining proper dining experience, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, offering desserts and drinks, removing courses, replenishing utensils and refilling glasses.
• Properly open and pour wine at the tableside.
• Establish rapport with guests to build loyal and satisfied customers.
• Replenish beverages and ensure guest satisfaction throughout the meal service.
• Able to upsell all promotion available in the outlet.
• Accurate handling of payments from guests and ensuring all sales are recorded in Micros.
• Knowledge of Portmarnock Policies including cash handling procedures, processing debit and credit cards, processing gift certificates and vouchers.
• Clearing tables and preparing for service by polishing cutlery, glassware and crockery.
• Complete closing duties, including storing all reusable goods, cleaning all equipment and areas.
• Always take responsibility for ensuring a positive guest experience.
• To ensure a very good relationship between The Jameson Bar, Kitchen, Front Office and other outlets.
Perform any other assigned reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned or requested by Manager or Assistant Manager.
Attend Portmarnock Hotel & Golf Links Training.
Maintain a professional image at all times.
Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
Manage your time effectively and efficiently.
• Previous serving experience essential.
• Have sound knowledge of spirits, beer, wine, cocktails and coffee.
• Should have excellent communication skills.
• Flexibility to work longer hours as per business demands.
• Be courteous, professional and provide efficient service.
MICROS, food service, Customer Service, wine service, Hospitality
staff meals, Paid Holidays
Permanent / Full-time