Dublin 24, Dublin
Childhood Development Initiative
Under the Government’s Area Based Childhood Programme (ABC), the Childhood Development Initiative (CDI) are recruiting a part-time Administrator to support the work of CDI in the community of Tallaght West.
Main Purpose of Role:
To provide administrative support to the CDI office, manage reception and to support the CDI team.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
• Management of reception, telephone and meeting arrangements within the organisation;
• Organising hospitality for CDI meetings and team meetings;
• Provision of secretarial support and general assistance to the CDI Team, including typing, filing and database management;
• Type, edit, format and proof read documents and correspondence;
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of administrative processes;
• Maintain up to date records within an existing filing system;
• Support financial administration processes;
• To undertake other duties as required commensurate with the level of this post.
The salary scale for this post is
Point 1 Point 2 Point 3 Point 4 Point 5 Point 6 Point 7
29,600; 31,800; 34,000; 36,200; 38,400; 40,800;
Please note this is the full-time salary and will be applicable on a pro-rata basis.
The point on the salary scale will be determined by reference to the applicant’s skills, experience and qualifications.
Employment and Reporting Arrangements:
The Administrator will be employed by and report to CDI.
Post funded to:
The Administrator post is funded until the 31st of December 2020, and is subject to funding.
Other terms of employment:
Other terms of employment will be set out in the employee’s fixed term employment contract and include 24 annual leave days pro-rata per annum. The employee will be bound by CDI Policies, including a three month probationary period and performance management and development system.
The following skills and attributes are essential:
• Excellent proficiency in English with strong communication and interpersonal skills;
• Good numeracy skills, including high level of accuracy;
• Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint;
• Excellent proficiency with electronic file management;
• Excellent organisational skills with ability to meet deadlines;
• Competent telephone manner with clear and precise communication skills;
• Typing speed 50 wpm;
• Ability to plan, prioritise and carry out tasks in an orderly and well structured way;
• Confidentiality, discretion and professionalism;
• Co-operative and flexible approach to work, both in terms of time and methods, with a willingness to embrace change;
• Self confidence and ability to innovate within the realm of the administrative function;
• The ability to work as part of a team.
• Experience working with Sage.
• Financial experience.
Hours of work:
You will work a minimum of 20 hours. Unsociable hours may occasionally be required.
Place of Work:
You will normally be required to work at CDI’s company premises at St Mark’s Family and Community Centre, Cookstown Lane, Fettercairn, Dublin 24 (or alternative temporary location as the employer determines from time to time).
Qualifications and Experience
• Education to Leaving Certificate or equivalent followed by third level certification (secretarial / office administration course) or other 3rd level qualification.
• At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in a similar role.
To apply, please send a completed application form and copy of your C.V.
Deadline for applications is 5.00pm Wednesday 3rd March, 2020.
Permanent / Part-time