Hanley Energy Ltd
BMS Design Engineer & Electrical Design Engineer
Hanley Energy is a globally recognised award-winning innovator in energy management, critical power and data centre control solutions for a diverse range of business sectors.
Headquartered in Stamullen, Co. Meath Hanley Energy also have additional facilities in Kingscourt, Co. Cavan and Dundalk, Co. Louth. With offices in the US, Sweden, Australia, South Africa and Germany, we have a wealth of experience and expertise in supplying, designing, installing and supporting energy monitoring and management systems, critical power and data centre control solutions for a range of Irish and international clients in a variety of business sectors.
BMS Design Engineer (Full-Time Position located in our Headoffice in Citynorth Business Park, Stamullen, Co. Meath)
The BMS Design Engineer will work with the special projects dept and be responsible for all design activities involved in delivering our BMS solutions to our customers. The role is predominately based around Dublin area will mainly focus on the Data Centre and heavy power industries.
Role Requirements and Responsibilities:
· Liaising with key internal and external stakeholders (e.g. clients, engineering, projects, controls, commissioning, sales, sub-contractors etc).
· Lead the technical design and co-ordination of design activities including attendance at regular internal development & coordination meetings.
· Review of customer technical drawings and specifications.
· Assist in the project tendering process as a subject matter expert (SME).
· Design & selection of field instrumentation and hardware.
· Develop instrument lists, IO lists, field termination diagrams, solution schematics.
· Develop sequence of operation documents, functional design specifications & software design specifications.
· Develop commissioning documentation & procedures (FAT/SAT/IST scripts).
· Work closely with sales dept ensuring budgets are maintained.
· Keep up to date with industry practices and explore new & emerging industry products, technologies and practices.
· Have a full understanding (and maintain) work flow processes and comply with relevant ISO procedures.
· Flexibility and ability to undertake additional duties as requested. Overseas travel may be required from time to time.
Minimum Requirements and Skills:
· An engineering degree in any of Electrical, Controls, Automation, Instrumentation.
· Minimum 5 years proven experience with BMS designs & engineering essential.
· Sound knowledge of network architecture & topology, computer hardware and software systems.
· Be highly motivated, be intuitive, have initiative, a solid team player and the ability to work independantly.
· Highly organised with the ability to manage and prioritise workloads.
· Strong attention to detail and the ability to work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
· Excellent computer skills, competency in Office 365 applications (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel, Powperpoint).
· Strong work ethic and commitment, ability to work in a fast-paced department.
· Flexible, willing and able to manage multiple complex projects at the same time.
· Full valid Irish work permit and proficiency in the english language.
· Position may require candidates to complete psychometric testing.
Permanent / Full-time