Huntstown Business Park, Dublin
Evening / Night Forklift Operative
Hours 8 ½ shift between 16:00pm – 04:30am
PalletXpress distributes palletised freight in Ireland and the UK from our central hub in Huntstown Business Park, Dublin. Our hub and spoke model offer customers scale, flexibility, and access to modern IT systems to meet any business requirement. Our model also offers numerous environmental benefits, reducing the carbon footprint of organisations and congestion on roads.
We employ 30 experienced staff at our head office in customer service, operations, and IT roles. Every day, over 200 vehicles transport freight for PalletXpress customers in Ireland. We process over 2,500 pallets per day in our central hub.
The evening / night forklift driver will be involved in our peak time hub operation. The duties will include the following daily tasks.
• Unloading of freight from inbound trunk vehicles (mainly double decks)
• Strategic and safe reloading of outbound freight
• Freight bay allocation and sortation
• Incident reporting
• Maintain good housekeeping practices
• Knowledge and responsibility for safety
• Must be flexible in your duties
The candidate would preferably come from a similar freight handling background with at least 2-3 years’ experience.
• Requires a recent up to date counter balance forklift licence
• Manual handling certificate
• GDP training an advantage
• Must be hardworking and willing to work as part of a team
• Good communication skills
Remuneration – Not disclosed
Permanent / Full-time