Southern Solar Electrical
General Labourer (Solar PV/ Electrical Installations)
Assist Electrician/Solar Technician assemble and install solar photovoltaic (PV) systems on uneven terrain, roofs or other structures in compliance with site assessment and schematics. May include measuring, cutting, assembling, and bolting structural framing and solar modules. Training will be provided.
• Comfortable and agile working at heights
• Use appropriate hand tools and power tools (ie drills, impact wrenches, grinders) to perform a variety of functions to install photovoltaic (PV) systems in accordance with codes and standards using drawings, schematics, and instructions.
• Lay-out, assemble and install solar modules, panels, or support structures, as specified.
• Install structural, mechanical, rack system and PV panels.
• Lift, carry, and hold building materials, tools, and supplies.
• Clean tools, equipment, material, and work areas.
• Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean work environment.
• At least 1 year of experience working as a labourer or in any construction craft as a helper.
• Valid Safe Pass and manual handling certificate
• Full clean driving licence and own transportation.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
Eligibility for the DSP Jobsplus Subsidy may be an advantage
Permanent / Full-time